Forum » The Geeks Corner » Crypto Currency » Mining Pools, Mining software and some mining config help!

Mining Pools, Mining software and some mining config help!

• Well it's really just what miner and pool you like using some are faster then others but payout at a higher amount mined. Some pay you faster but when you withdraw your coins OUCH. LOL

Ok first some basic Dos commands most of these also work for Linux Terminal Windows.
    Some of these miners only start in a terminal or dos windows. For Dos everything is right click run as admin.
    For linux everything is sudo most Linus users won't need much help. :) lol

So download the miner you want unzip it (claymore will be super annoying) rename the folder to something easy.
    bminer - bminer lol claymore-...-...-...-...-...-...-...-...-...-...-...-...-.. to claymore-eth-v11.8 (I replace eth with the coin I'm mining)
    Move it to your desktop (I don't again annoying I have NOTHING on my desktops) so I COPY it to C:\ in Windows and
    a Miners folder in Linux.

When you open a command prompt (Dos Window) it will most likely look like this:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32> type cd\ hit enter so it will look like this C:\WINDOWS\system32>cd\
    Now you should see this C:\> type cd name of the folder hit enter.
    it should look something like this C:\>cd claymore-eth-v11.8 (hit enter)
    Now you should see this C:\claymore-eth-v11.8> type start.bat hit enter.
    Like this C:\claymore-eth-v11.8>start.bat 
    Then your miner should start and start mining to what and where ever you set in your start.bat file.

I'll start with some pools I like which of course were suggested I try by a friend and he wasn't wrong!

First is nanopool they have servers all over the world you can mine different coins I have one system on
    ETH Ethereum over there. If you mouse over the amount you have mined it will tell you the value and
    how long to the next payout. The default time is 0.20000000 if you add an email to your miners. You
    can change the minimum payout. But if you go to low 0.001 it will cost you more coin. I set mine to

You can use Claymore and Bminer or any miner you can configure for their site. I'm using Claymore 11.8
    AMD/NVidia right now. The config and start.bat files one of the hardest things to get right with little or
    no info out there it's make a guess! LOL No there is help on this site and it's pretty good.
    You can find the latest versions of Claymore miner for ETH here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1433925.0
    Your setup - config files, start.bat, epools

The config gets ignored if you have anything in the start.bat besides "EthDcrMiner64.exe" but all the same I set it up anyway!
    Your config.txt should look like this:
    # WARNING! Remove "#" characters to enable lines, with "#" they are disabled and will be ignored by miner! Check README for details.
    # WARNING! Miner loads options from this file only if there are not any options in the command line!

-epool eth-us-west1.nanopool.org:9999
    -ewal YOUR-WALLET-ADDRESS/WORKER(THE-NAME-OF-THE-MACHINE)/[email protected]
    -epsw x (YOUR-PASSWORD-ALWAYS X)
    -mode 1 (if you are ONLY mining ETH)
    #-dpool stratum+tcp://yiimp.ccminer.org:4252
    #-dwal YOUR-WALLET-ADDRESS 
    #-dpsw x
    -ethi 5 (intensity of the miner default is 8 I use 5)
    #-esm 1
    #-mode 0 (remove the # and hash out -mode 1 if you are dual mining)
    -tt 75 (top temp your cards are allowed to hit)
    #-asm 0
    -allpools 1 (set this to mine for the developer 90 seconds each hour)
    -allcoins 1 (set this to mine for the developer 90 seconds each hour)

Your epool.txt
    # WARNING! Remove "#" characters to enable lines, with "#" they are disabled and will be ignored by miner! Check README for details.

POOL: eth-us-east1.nanopool.org:9999, WALLET: YOUR-WALLET-ADDRESS/WORKER(THE-NAME-OF-THE-MACHINE)/[email protected], PSW: x, WORKER: , ESM: 1, ALLPOOLS: 1
    POOL: eth-us-west1.nanopool.org:9999, WALLET: YOUR-WALLET-ADDRESS/WORKER(THE-NAME-OF-THE-MACHINE)/[email protected], PSW: x, WORKER: , ESM: 1, ALLPOOLS: 1
    POOL: eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999, WALLET: YOUR-WALLET-ADDRESS/WORKER(THE-NAME-OF-THE-MACHINE)/[email protected], PSW: x, WORKER: , ESM: 1, ALLPOOLS: 1
    POOL: eth-eu2.nanopool.org:9999, WALLET: YOUR-WALLET-ADDRESS/WORKER(THE-NAME-OF-THE-MACHINE)/[email protected], PSW: x, WORKER: , ESM: 1, ALLPOOLS: 1
    POOL: eth-asia1.nanopool.org:9999, WALLET: YOUR-WALLET-ADDRESS/WORKER(THE-NAME-OF-THE-MACHINE)/[email protected], PSW: x, WORKER: , ESM: 1, ALLPOOLS: 1

Then your start.bat most pools are very close to the same.
    EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eth-us-west1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal YOUR-WALLET-ADDRESS/WORKER-THE-NAME-OF-THE-MACHINE/[email protected] -mode 1 -allpools 1 -allcoins 1 -tt 75

Then for mining ZEC Zcash I like this pool Flypool - Bitfly https://zcash.flypool.org
    This one also has a very nice dashboard to keep an eye on your MILLIONS! LOL The default payout is
    0.01000. You can go to "Payouts" and it will show you the last time you were paid, how much you will
    make per hour, per week, per month and per year. But of course that always changes with the price of
    the coin at that time! 

I use Bminer for Flypool very easy to use mining ZEC You can get it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2519271.0 It will also work with nanopool mining ETH and if you enable "OhGodAnETHlargementPill" for
    mining ETH BOOOOM your 1080 or 1080 ti will FLY! This miner only work on CUDA GPU's (NVidia) My 1080
    went for 24 MH/s to 34 MH/s! But not even a little bit stable LOL it lasted about three hours. :( But back to ZEC
    Bminer is so simple in the zip folder you will find "bminer-launcher.exe" just add a short-cut anywhere you like.
    I use a bottom dock. :) Click the file, fill in the blanks, click "Start" it will open a Dos windows showing you your miner.

You can also edit and run "mine.bat" in a dos window you will need to edit the mine.bat file.
    For ZEC
    @echo OFF
    REM Change the following address to your Zcash taddr.
    SET ADDRESS=YOUR-WALLET-ADDRESS.WORKER(THE-NAME-OF-THE-MACHINE)
    SET USERNAME=%ADDRESS%.w
    SET POOL=us1-zcash.flypool.org:3333
    SET SCHEME=stratum
    START "Bminer: When Crypto-mining Made Fast" bminer.exe -uri %SCHEME%://%USERNAME%@%POOL% -api 127.0.0.1:1880

For ETH on nanopool edit "mine_eth.bat" you can only start this in a dos window.
    @echo OFF
    REM Change the following address to your ETH addr.
    SET ADDRESS=YOUR-WALLET-ADDRESS
    SET USERNAME=%ADDRESS%.WORKER(THE-NAME-OF-THE-MACHINE)
    SET [email protected]
    SET POOL=eth-us-west1.nanopool.org:9999
    SET SCHEME=ethash
    START "Bminer: When Crypto-mining Made Fast" bminer.exe -uri %SCHEME%://%USERNAME%@%POOL% -api 127.0.0.1:1880

That should be enough to get anyone mining!
    Any questions just ask!
    My System:
    Case: Thermaltake Core V71 Tempered Glass.
    Motherboard: Asus Prime TRX40-Pro.
    CPU: AMD Threadripper 3970X@Auto OC.
    Water Block: EK Velocity sTR4 copper & nickel.
    Radiator: Thermaltake Pacific CL429 64mm pure copper.
    Water Pump & Res: 320 GPH Pond Pump, 5 Gallon Reservoir.
    Memory: 64 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3600 18-19-19-39 CR1.
    Video Card: Asus TUF AMD RX 6900XT OC 16 gigs
    Hard Drives: 1 Crucial 256gig M550, 2 Crucial 2TB SSD's,
    1 WD 10TB 256meg cache, 1 WD 5TB 128meg cache, 2 Seagate 4TB 256meg cache.
    Power Supply: Corsair 1050 watt SINGLE RAIL.
    OS's: LINUX Xubuntu 20.04 LTS x64 and Windows 10 Pro.
    This post was edited by beast-usa (Admin) at June 4, 2018 7:41 PM PDT
      June 4, 2018 7:38 PM PDT