Forum » The Geeks Corner » Windows » Windows 10 » Windows 10 Update-Upgrade Breaks Printers

Windows 10 Update-Upgrade Breaks Printers

• IT'S NOT THE PRINTERS - IT'S WINDOWS 10!
    If you are using any model "Kyocera" printer and that crap in the hat Windows 10 you will get blue screens.
    You can try updating the drivers that will fix it once in a very great while. Here is just one post online out of thousands.
    Hey MICROSUX when it's thousands of people and ONLY happening ON WINBLOWS 10 - IT'S NOT THE PRINTER, IT'S YOUR GARBAGE OS!!!

Microsux has a two fixes listed one of course is their default fix "Re-install Windows 10 and don't upgrade or update it"
    The other is a stand-alone update. It only works on about 1 in 20 computers.
    Then MS suggests "Method 2: Reinstall your Windows operating system, but do not apply this update."

You will need to download the one for your version of Windows 10.
    For most people using desktops it will be the top link "x64" for 64bit.
    For NEWER laptops or tablets it should be the "ARM x64" CHECK YOUR CPU. 
    Here is the link to the file that may or may not fix it update "KB4567523":
    Fix Winblows 10 breaking printers

If that does not work you still have choices:
    1. Keep checking Kyocera's website for a driver update. I'm sure they are working on fixing it.
    Use the drop down to find your model https://www.kyoceradocumentsolutions.us/en/support/downloads.html
    2. Get another printer that Microsoft thinks you should use.
    3. MicroSUX's  "Method 2: Reinstall your Windows operating system, but do not apply this update."
    4. Or as I have said ONE TRILLION TIMES UPGRADE TO LINUX!

If you're not playing certain online multiplayer games, you don't use Quickbooks, Adobe Photoshop YOU DON'T NEED WINDOWS!

Most online games that run in Steam will play just fine even BETTER in Linux. Less video heat FAR better frame rates, sound graphics.
    Quickbooks REPLACE IT with the FREE GNUCASH does everything Quickbooks does but CRASH. And you will NEVER HAVE ANOTHER data file corrupt!
    Adobe Photo Shop - USE Gimp again 100% free and does EVERYTHING Adobe (OVER PRICED) Photo Shop does.
    MS Office - Libre Office does more, can read, write and save as every version of MS Office from 1995 to 2020.
    MS Outlook - Thunderbird again NO MORE CORRUPT .pst files!

Do you still have something that only runs in Winblows? (will only work gaming if you have two video cards)
    UPGRADE to Linux, install Windows in a VIRTUAL MACHINE. Then you only open Windows like an installed app and only when you need it.

I will keep looking for a fix but really just upgrade to Linux so much less trouble and everything works.

UPDATE 03-27-2021 - A fix from Kyocera
    Sent to me by a member with a broken Kyocera this fixed his. (Still the best fix is LINUX)

1. Open DOS Command Prompt Window - Right Click Run as Administrator. (Accept the prompt to open with elevated rights and make changes to the computer.)
    (Search CMD, cmd.exe = DOS Command Prompt)
    2. In the DOS Command Prompt window write or copy & paste the following command: – wusa /uninstall /kb:5000802 (then press enter)
    (The Stand alone install will launch and remove the broken Windows 10 Update.)
    3. In the DOS Command Prompt window write or copy & paste the following command: – wusa /uninstall /kb:5000808 (then press enter)
    (The Stand alone install will launch and remove the broken Windows 10 Update.)
    4. In the DOS Command Prompt window write or copy & paste the following command: shutdown /r (then press enter)
    (SAVE YOUR WORK that will Reboot your PC. When the installers have finished removing the updates the BSOD problem should be resolved.)

One last time if you NEVER want to see another Blue Screen Of Death? UPGRADE TO LINUX!

My Linux of choice is Xubuntu 20.04 modded by me. :)
    For beginners into Linux Linux Mint 19.3 is really easy to use, easy to install. And you just open the software center and search for any software you may need.
    Click install and you are done. And yes 99.99999% of all Linux software is FREE safe OPEN SOURCE. And if you like it you have the CHOICE to donate.

My System:
    Case: Thermaltake Core V71 Tempered Glass.
    Motherboard: Asus Prime TRX40-Pro.
    CPU: AMD Threadripper 3970X@Auto OC.
    Water Block: EK Velocity sTR4 copper & nickel.
    Radiator: Thermaltake Pacific CL429 64mm pure copper.
    Water Pump & Res: 320 GPH Pond Pump, 5 Gallon Reservoir.
    Memory: 64 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3600 18-19-19-39 CR1.
    Video Card: Asus TUF AMD RX 6900XT OC 16 gigs
    Hard Drives: 1 Crucial 256gig M550, 2 Crucial 2TB SSD's,
    1 WD 10TB 256meg cache, 1 WD 5TB 128meg cache, 2 Seagate 4TB 256meg cache.
    Power Supply: Corsair 1050 watt SINGLE RAIL.
    OS's: LINUX Xubuntu 20.04 LTS x64 and Windows 10 Pro.
    This post was edited by beast-usa (Admin) at March 27, 2021 2:45 AM PDT
      March 25, 2021 6:38 AM PDT