Forum » The Geeks Corner » Windows » Windows 11 » Windows 11 Things you should know before downgrading.

Windows 11 Things you should know before downgrading.

• Windows 11 another failed OS by Microsoft.

I keep telling people unless you're locked into Windows software. You need software that ONLY runs in Windows? Just UPGRADE to Linux, 100% stable, plays games, office software, accounting software, graphics software, encoding software... Everything you have in Windows it's just FREE and faster.

OK lets start with the new joke Windows 11. :)
    1. Just as slow as Windows 10.
    2. Memory speed slower then Windows 8 (not 8.1), slower then Linux.
    3. Hard drive speeds slower then Windows 8 (not 8.1), slower then Linux.
    4. Horrible un-useable start menu made for morons.
    5. Still has forced updates that mess up everything, still limited hours on when you can use YOUR computer.
    6. Still locks out everything but the newest hardware.
    7. Still SUPER HORRIBLE graphics. I swear switching between Linux & Windows windows colors, lighting, graphics are HORRIBLE. I can't stand looking at the Windows desktop. Still just as dam UGLY in Windows 11.
    8. Random micro freezes YEP STILL THERE.

LOL Best comment on Windows 11 menu.
    "For these simple reasons, the Windows 11 menu fails the usability test. It's designed for chimps, not for intelligent humans. Alas, the chimps outnumber the smart people by two or three orders of magnitude, and the world of software is moving into the direction of idiocracy more and more every day."

"Idiocracy" has anyone seen that movie? :) we are almost there!

Now on to the sinister parts of Windows 11. We have already covered the fact that it doesn't do anything better then Windows 10 same old, same old.

But you will need to turn on some features that if you ONLY use Windows and NEVER have a hardware failure won't be a problem. But if your motherboard fails, CPU fails, bios fails you can kiss all your files GOOD BYE. Unless you have made and saved TPM, Secure Boot keys to a back-up USB drive. Yeah I know no one will ever do that so like I said kiss all your files good bye.

Windows 11 will need to take control of your boot in duel or triple boot systems. So the UNSTABLE boot loader will control all you operating systems in a dual or multi-boot system. Again yeah sure take away my 100% stable Linux grub boot loader that I can fix anything in a terminal window. And replace with the unstable MS Windows Boot Manager. Most people should know how well that Windows Boot Manager works? You know "your system is broken boot repair needs to run" and after running boot repair 200 times the Windows Boot Manager always fixes your Windows problem? OK STOP LAUGHING! Has Windows boot repair EVER fixed a boot problem? I think 99.999999% of the time the fix is always "RE-INSTALL WINODWS" Yep With Windows 11 that magical boot manager will now control all your operating systems. 

You better keep copies of copies of those USB keys holding the security keys for all the reinstalls you will be doing. If you don't have those keys boom all your files are dust in the win.

Why TPM? Why does Windows 11 force the use of TPM?
    Simple no more taking the hard drive with an OS on it and putting it in another system. It will be un-useable. You will need to BUY A NEW COPY/S of all your software for the new system. Yep all the over priced crap software like Windows, Quicken, Adobe, Turbo Tax... With TPM you will need to buy NEW COPIES. Will you lose all your old files? No as long as you have OBEYED and loaded them all to a MS, Google or Apple cloud account. Then you can spend a few thousand on buying new copies of software you already own, spend a couple weeks re-down loading all your files and you are good to go. Or as I have said 10 MILLION TIMES UPGRADE TO LINUX. :) And avoid all that crap.

Gaming on Windows 11 well just as bad as Windows 10. Slow, horrible graphics, low & jerky frame rates, game crashes... Pretty much the same as Windows 10. I know people are saying WHAT MY GAMES RUN PERFECT on Win 10 & Win 11!!! Yeah you think they do only because you haven't played that game on Linux. :) "Steam Play" plays most windows games in Linux. And the sad part? They are written for Windows, run under a broken Wine for Windows/Steam Play in Linux and still RUN and LOOK BETTER THEN THEY DO IN Windows! So what does that tell you about how bad gaming in Windows really is?

Some people Dual Boot with Linux in control Linux & Win 10 and use Windows for gaming only. Then people like me Dual Boot with Linux in control Linux & Win 10 and ONLY use Windows 10 for games that just will not run in Linux. But lately I have stopped doing even that if it doesn't run in Linux I just don't buy them or play them. I'm pretty much done using Windows. I Have Windows installed in Virtual Machine on my Linux. So if there is something I need to tell someone, help someone with I can just start Win 7, Win 8 or Win 10 inside Linux. (Doesn't work with Win 11)  

So in conclusion if you want added headaches downgrade to Windows 11. Or just do what 49% of the people have done under Windows 10. UPGRADE TO LINUX. 99% of everything you use daily is already on Linux. And if it isn't there there will be something in Linux to use that probably works better.

1. Cell phones run on LINUX (Not Apple but I said cell phones lol)
    2. All the computer things in your car run on LINUX.
    3. All the computerized things in your home, frig, washer, dryer, clocks, micro... ALL RUN ON LINUX,
    4. 95% of ever website you visit during the day RUNS ON LINUX. Happy As Is is hosted on LINUX.

10 or 20 years ago Linux was for the truly geek. But today Linux is super easy some even look like Windows without the BLUE SCREEN. LOL More and more hardware makers are supporting drivers for Linux. And no worries if the hardware maker doesn't make one Linux already has one. It's not like Windows, Linux FREE Distros support all their users.

And remember UPGRADING TO LINUX IS 100% FREE. :)  

My System:
    Case: Thermaltake Core V71 Tempered Glass.
    Motherboard: Asus Prime TRX40-Pro.
    CPU: AMD Threadripper 3970X@Auto OC.
    Water Block: EK Velocity sTR4 copper & nickel.
    Radiator: Thermaltake Pacific CL429 64mm pure copper.
    Water Pump & Res: 320 GPH Pond Pump, 5 Gallon Reservoir.
    Memory: 64 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3600 18-19-19-39 CR1.
    Video Card: Asus TUF AMD RX 6900XT OC 16 gigs
    Hard Drives: 1 Crucial 256gig M550, 2 Crucial 2TB SSD's,
    1 WD 10TB 256meg cache, 1 WD 5TB 128meg cache, 2 Seagate 4TB 256meg cache.
    Power Supply: Corsair 1050 watt SINGLE RAIL.
    OS's: LINUX Xubuntu 20.04 LTS x64 and Windows 10 Pro.
    This post was edited by beast-usa (Admin) at October 11, 2021 12:48 PM PDT
      October 10, 2021 12:28 PM PDT