Forum » The Geeks Corner » Free Office Productivity Software » GNU Cash Free Accounting Software » GNU Cash Free Personal - Business Accounting Software

GNU Cash Free Personal - Business Accounting Software

• GNU Cash - Free Personal - Business Accounting Software for Linux, Mac and Windows.
    GNU Cash is 100% free (YOU CAN DONATE) and does anything you could possibly need when it comes to accounting software.

I haven't used Quicken or Quick Books in over twenty years! First it doesn't work in Linux second it's just not good software. It causes way too many problems, has way too many glitches, crashes, can't find, won't open, you need to rebuild it or repair data files! Way to much trouble for software you buy. So I started doing everything in excel or calc. No more cashes, no more data loss and I can put my personal or business files anywhere I want and they open! No ton of junk running in the background doing auto-updates that crash the computer!

I just started using this but so far I really like it. It offers much more then I need, so far it's very easy to move around, share the .xml files between Linux & Windows. Over all much better then anything I have seen for free or pay. The only other one I would even consider is "Wave" which is online cloud based and also free. I don't mind paying for software if it's good software and works in Linux. If it's Windows only I just don't want it free or pay. :) And I always DONATE to makers of good software!

GNU Cash website https://gnucash.org/index.phtml

Download for Linux:
    Most linux distributions come bundled with a version of GnuCash, though it's not always the most recent version and
    it may not have been installed by default. Still it is recommended to use the GnuCash version that comes with your distribution.

Below are ways to install GnuCash on some of the more popular distributions:

Fedora:
    Fedora users can install GnuCash through System->Administration->Add/Remove Software (Gnome) or Applications->System->Software Management (KDE).

Mandriva:
    Mandriva users can install GnuCash through the Software Management in the Mandriva Linux Control Center.

Redhat/Centos:
    Redhat and CentOS don't have GnuCash in their repositories by default. It can be installed however from the third-party Epel repository.
    For more details on configuring this additional software repository for your setup, see Epel's wiki page.

Solus:
    Solus users can install GnuCash through the Software Center (Office Software -> Financial Software -> gnucash).

Ubuntu:
    Ubuntu users can install GnuCash through the Software Center. This will install GnuCash under the Office category in the Applications menu.

Downloads for Windows:
    GNU Cash version 3.4 For Windows 7, 8 and 10 
    Direct download from beast-usa.com full offline installer.
    https://beast-usa.com/downloads/office/gnucash/gnucash-win7-8-10-ver3.4.exe

GNU Cash older stable version 2.6.21 For Windows XP, 7, 8 and 10 
    https://beast-usa.com/downloads/office/gnucash/gnucash-winXP-7-8-10-ver2.6.21.exe

Download for Mac:
    GNU Cash version 3.4.1 for Mac OS X Intel >= 10.9 (Mavericks)
    https://beast-usa.com/downloads/office/gnucash/gnucash-mac-osx-10.9-Intel-3.4-1.dmg

As always if you have any questions just ask.
    You can also contact "Darqpony" here on Happy as she told me about this software and has used in the past as a replacement for Quicken.
    My System:
    Case: Thermaltake Core V71 Tempered Glass.
    Motherboard: Asus Prime TRX40-Pro.
    CPU: AMD Threadripper 3970X@Auto OC.
    Water Block: EK Velocity sTR4 copper & nickel.
    Radiator: Thermaltake Pacific CL429 64mm pure copper.
    Water Pump & Res: 320 GPH Pond Pump, 5 Gallon Reservoir.
    Memory: 64 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3600 18-19-19-39 CR1.
    Video Card: Asus TUF AMD RX 6900XT OC 16 gigs
    Hard Drives: 1 Crucial 256gig M550, 2 Crucial 2TB SSD's,
    1 WD 10TB 256meg cache, 1 WD 5TB 128meg cache, 2 Seagate 4TB 256meg cache.
    Power Supply: Corsair 1050 watt SINGLE RAIL.
    OS's: LINUX Xubuntu 20.04 LTS x64 and Windows 10 Pro.
    This post was edited by beast-usa (Admin) at November 15, 2020 1:21 PM PST
      January 3, 2019 6:32 PM PST