Forum » The Geeks Corner » Linux » Ubuntu » Ubuntu 18.04 LTS - Xubuntu 18.04 LTS Themes

Ubuntu 18.04 LTS - Xubuntu 18.04 LTS Themes

• These are a few themes I found for "Ubuntu 18.04 LTS - Xubuntu 18.04 LTS" they also worked on Mint 19.3 but Mint has tons of themes by default.

First open your favorite terminal. I use "Terminator Terminal" it can be found in the Software Center.
    Then run these commands: (hit enter after each one)
    Copy and paste into the terminal window: sudo apt-get update
    Copy and paste into the terminal window: sudo apt-get upgrade

Copy and paste into the terminal window: sudo add-apt-repository ppa:noobslab/themes
    Copy and paste into the terminal window: sudo apt-get update

Copy and paste into the terminal window: sudo add-apt-repository ppa:noobslab/icons

Copy and paste into the terminal window: sudo apt-get install ultimate-maia-theme
    Copy and paste into the terminal window: sudo apt-get install ultimate-maia-icons

Copy and paste into the terminal window: sudo apt-get install ultimate-dark-theme

Copy and paste into the terminal window: sudo apt-get install stylish-themes

Copy and paste into the terminal window: sudo apt-get install vimix-gtk-themes (you may need to add more libs I did not need to)
    Copy and paste into the terminal window: sudo apt-get install vimix-icon-theme

Copy and paste into the terminal window: sudo apt-get install macbuntu-os-ithemes-v1804
    Copy and paste into the terminal window: sudo apt-get install macbuntu-os-icons-v1804

You can find these on this website: https://www.noobslab.com/2018/09/ultimate-dark-ultimate-maia-themes-and.html

Now you should be able to see all the themes on you menu under "Settings - Appearance". Some as with all things have small glitches like font coloring to light or to dark.
    I'm using "Adwaita Dark" 
    adwaita-dark

If you have any good websites for themes please share them.

And as always any questions just ask!
    Thermaltake Core V71, Water cooled, EK Velocity sTR4 Waterblock (crap block), 270 GPH Pond Pump, 5 Gallon Reservoir, Asus Prime TRX40 Pro, AMD Threadripper 3970X @STOCK-MHZ, 64 gigs Corsair DDR4-3600 26-25-25-58 CR1, EVGA RTX 2080 TI XC, Hard Drives Crucial M550, Crucial SSD 2TB, 2 Western Digital 5TB 128meg cache, 2 Seagate 4TB 256meg cache, Corsair 1050 watt SINGLE RAIL, OS LINUX Xubuntu 18.04.2 x64 and Windows 10 Pro 1909
    This post was edited by beast-usa (Admin) at April 2, 2020 7:46 AM PDT
      April 2, 2020 7:45 AM PDT